Students learn about how soil is formed and how the parent rocks and their minerals affect the kind of soil we have. They learn to distinguish between soils based on color, texture and size.
- Guided tour of the Emirates Soil Museum.
- Analyze your soil samples to crack the case:
- Water holding capacity
- pH test
- Color categorization
- Create your own painting using soil and take it home!
- Soil formation
- Group different soils together
- Connect properties of parent rocks to soil types
- 3 main soil types: sand, silt and clay
- Reading and understanding maps