Students learn about what happens underground: from plant leaves falling to the organisms decomposing them to their return as nutrients to plants and later to humans as food. The focus of the trip is on biodiversity.
- Tour of the Emirates Soil Museum.
- Scavenger hunt for insects in the museum garden.
- Inspect collected insects with magnifying glasses and record data.
- Create a model of your favorite bug, paint it and take it home!
- Soil life cycle
- Soil food web
- Plants’ role in soil
- Animals’ role in soil
- Insects and micro-organisms that live in soil
- Decomposition and food
- Reading and understanding maps