In this field trip, students go deep into the world of rocks. They learn about the layers of the Earth focusing on the surface crust. They learn about the different types of rocks and how they are formed with some special features from the UAE.
- Guided tour of the Emirates Soil Museum.
- Become a geologist and use your rock pick to find and collect your samples.
- Inspect your rock samples and identify them using a rock guide
- Create your own rock or fossil model and take it home!
- Layers of the Earth
- Igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic rocks
- Minerals and their relation to rocks and crystals
- Rocks as the parent materials of soils
- Fossils and how they are formed