Students learn about the 5 forming factors of soil and why soil is important. They also learn about the relationship between soil and plants and how they rely on each other for survival.
- Introduction to ICBA and the Emirates Soil Museum
- Virtual tour of the Emirates Soil Museum
- Interactive session on soils and plants
- DIY experiment: grow your own food from scraps and sprout legumes from your pantry!
- What is soil
- Soil formation
- Connection between soils and plants
- Why soil and plants are important
- How to grow one’s own food at home
- Understand the importance of soil
- Identify how different environmental factors affect soil formation and soil types
- Understand the interdependence of soil and plants
- Ability to grow one’s own food at home on a budget