This workshop will explore how climate change impacts water and agriculture, showcasing the importance of biosaline agriculture.
- Introduction to ICBA and ICBA YES
- Virtual tour of the Emirates Soil Museum
- Calculate the carbon footprint of your last meal.
- Presentation on climate and biosaline agriculture
- DIY experiment: create your own mini hydroponics system!
- Climate Change
- Carbon footprint
- Biosaline agriculture
- Global warming
- Food security
- WEF Nexus
- Identify the carbon and water footprints of various foods in our diet
- Recognize the connection between climate change and availability of water & food
- Understand what biosaline agriculture means and why it is important
- Ability to assemble a simple hydroponics system from common material