Students learn about plant adaptive features, particularly how they adapt to desert environments with a focus on edible plants.
- Guided tour of the Emirates Soil Museum.
- Tour of the ICBA field experiments.
- Identify differences in the cells of a selection of plants through a microscope.
- Create your own pot, paint it, plant in it and take it home!
- Food production technologies
- Plant structure and function
- Cellular biology
- Marginal environments
- Soil properties
- Food security
Students investigate the cell structure of different plants and identify some features that allow them to adapt to the harsh desert environment.